Effective as of November 30th, 2016
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. In order for you to access our Services, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name and e-mail address, and, if applicable, for STILLA account registration using your social networking accounts, your social media account log-in information.
If you communicate with us by e-mail or post messages to our social media accounts, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
Please note that STILLA DOES NOT store your email password on our servers.
When you use or register for our Service or otherwise interact with us, we may collect the following information from our users that may, in certain circumstances, constitute personal data:
- The location of your belongings, and by extension, your location;
- Location history of your belongings, and by extension, yourself;
- Your legal name;
- Your email address;
- STILLA account user name and account setting preferences;
- STILLA account password;
- Your credit card, billing address and other billing related information, where applicable;
- Social media account log-in info, where applicable;
- Information concerning your use of the Service;
- Permits and consents; and Other data obtained under the user’s consent.
(b) NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. When you visit and interact on the Stilla Properties, certain information is collected automatically, including:
- Non-Identifying Information: We collect other non-identifying information you provide as part of the registration, administration and personalization of your STILLA account profile (e.g. account preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other STILLA Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Stilla Properties and to analyze and understand how our App and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Log Data: When you visit the Site and/or Service, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user (any of these, a “STILLA User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Service, pages of our Site and Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site and Service’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Service to our visitors’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
(d) WEB BEACONS. Our Site and Service may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site and Service are used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of User communications and marketing campaigns.
2.2. USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Profile Information: We use the information we collect at registration to create your STILLA account.
- Marketing: We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with STILLA newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these marketing related notifications at any time by accessing the “Unsubscribe” section of any newsletters. Please note that we may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information related to your use of the Service.
- Customer Service Fulfillment: We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services and information. For example, we may use your information to facilitate your purchase of a Device.
- Data Analysis: In order to learn more about how our App and Services are used, we aggregate and analyze the data we collect. We may use the information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the App and Services, to better design our functionality and to improve our visitors’ experience.
2.3 INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Analysis: We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, payment processing, customer service and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Delivery: We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform Site and App-related services, including maintenance services, database management, web analytics, data processing, payment processing and email and notification distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Compliance with Laws: We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION; SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
3.1 UPDATING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like us to deactivate your STILLA account, please contact us at email@example.com and we will accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation or a legitimate business reason to retain the information contained in your STILLA account.
3.2 SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
To protect your privacy and information, STILLA uses multiple security procedures and practices to protect from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information of users.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our Site and Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that we will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site and Service in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
STILLA and its third party partners to whom we disclose information under this policy may perform activities outside of the United States and potentially collect, transfer, store, and process your personal information in other countries. As a result, your information may be subject to the laws of those countries or other jurisdictions. These laws may not be equivalent to the privacy and data protection laws in your jurisdiction. Information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in these countries. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the potential collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information in other countries.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We will make available to you any of your Personal Information that we have collected, used or disclosed upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com with any requests concerning your Personal Information.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCCESSOR IN INTEREST
- CHILDREN & MINORS
The Stilla Properties are not intended for, or designed to attract, any individuals under the age of 13. STILLA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from ANY person we actually know is an individual under the age of 13, regardless of parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- ADDRESSING YOUR CONCERNS